Welcome to GOI GmbH’s Privacy Statement. Your right to privacy and online security is important. This Privacy Statement describes GOI GmbH’s collection, protection, disclosure, and use of your information. This Privacy Statement applies to to all of our services, that link to or reference this Privacy Statement. It covers your personal information that is provided or collected through the our services and how we use that information in connection with our services.
By using GOI GmbH, you agree to this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree with any term in this Privacy Statement, please do not use our services.
Here’s a quick overview:
GOI GmbH is an online German language school. Information you provide is not public.
When you sign up for a free trial lesson we’ll ask for some registration information such as name, email address and information regarding your German language learning. We need this information to match you to a suitable teacher and so that we can contact you about your German course.
With Google Analytics we collect some other information such as the type of device and your IP address. We use this information to help improve and secure our service. This type of data will be automatically deleted after 38 months.
In order to use GOI, we ask you to use a third party app for scheduling. Please review ACUITY SCHEDULING’s privacy statement. It is optional to create an account or use the app as a guest in ACUITY.
You have control over the type of information you provide and how we use it. We don’t share your registration or personal information for marketing purposes. We will never share your information with other parties for use other than what’s laid out in this policy without your consent. You can view your Privacy and Notification Settings from your Account Settings page. If you have any questions please contact us at email@example.com.
GOI GmbH or its service providers may maintain operations in the United States or any other country, and therefore your personal information may be processed outside the country where you are located. By using and providing information to us, you agree and consent to the transfer, storage, and processing of your information in other countries, including for example outside the European Economic Area. Countries that we transfer your information to may not have data protection laws similar to those of where you are located.
GOI GmbH is not intended for use by children under 13 years of age or minors. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that their child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, they should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files immediately.
DATA WE COLLECT
When you use GOI GmbH, we may collect the following information about you:
Information you provide to us:
- Registration information: When you sign up for a free trial lesson we’ll ask for some registration information such as name, email address and information regarding your German language learning. We need this information to match you to a suitable teacher and so that we can contact you about your German course. You can make changes to this information at any point by emailing us at email@example.com.
- User-generated content: We also collect and store the information you provide to us when using our service to learn German online. This data includes, for example, documents in your Classroom, payments and appointments you schedule, in addition to any other information that you attach or share while using GOI GmbH. You may share this information with contacts you specify in the course of using the Service. For example, if you are a group course participant you are solely responsible for which contacts you share this information with.
- We may offer bulletin boards, blogs, chat rooms, message boards, or similar public forums where you can communicate with us or other users. Any information that you submit or post to these blogs or other forums could be viewed by other viewers or may otherwise be publically available. For example, new feature suggestions posted in our public suggestion forum are public and can be viewed by anyone. We don’t recommend posting personal information in public forums. If you choose to post personal information, other viewers may use this information to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these blogs and other forums, so please be careful about what you disclose and do not post any information that you expect to keep private. If you would like to request removal of your information from our blogs or other forums, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The way you use our service: In order to use our service we collect information about how you use and interact with GOI GmbH. Such as the types of appointments you schedule, the frequency, your classroom use and course content.
- Information Shared By Others: Information related to Third Party Integrations: GOI GmbH may collect information about you from third parties to help improve our service, or for security and support reasons. If you choose to use some of the optional integrations the third party services that we offer we may collect information about you from those services. For example, if you choose to send payments to your friends using one of the
- Information from other sources: We may use publicly available information about your name, email address, phone number, or other demographic data to help you during support, to address fraud or security concerns, or to personalize your experience. We may also collect information about you that we may receive from other sources to, among other things, enable us to verify, update information contained in our records, and to better customize the Service for you.
- Other information: We may request or receive other information such as feedback, questions, comments, suggestions, or ideas to provide you with other benefits or to improve upon the Service.
HOW WE USE DATA
WE WILL NOT PROVIDE ANY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO ANY THIRD PARTY EXCEPT AS OUTLINED IN THIS POLICY OR WITH YOUR CONSENT.
WE CANNOT VIEW OR ACCESS GOOGLE ACCOUNTS (YOUR PERSONAL OR ONE PROVIDED BY US TO YOU) AND CANNOT SEE ANY FILES & INFORMATION STORED IN YOUR GOOGLE ACCOUNT UNLESS YOU SHARE THEM WITH GOI GmbH.
We use your information for the following purposes:
To Provide the GOI GmbH Service: GOI GmbH is designed to help people learn German online with live tutors and a virtual classroom using Google Education Suite. We process your information to provide, support, and secure our service (both automatically and manually). For example, we may use your information in some of the following ways:
- To record informal records and payments.
- To fulfill your requests for certain products and services.
- To help our teachers manage their relationship and lessons with you. For example, we may display your study history in your classroom and will shared it with a new teacher, if you ever are to change instructor.
- To respond to your inquiries about our Services.
- To detect and protect against errors, fraud, or other criminal activity.
- We may use your information for internal security purposes. Additionally, we may use identifying information to monitor suspicious activity. For example, if we detect that a single account on a Site is being accessed from multiple devices, as determined by tracking the Device IDs that access an account, we may contact the user to ensure that such access has been authorized by the user.
- To verify your identity in the event you contact us for assistance.
- To analyze Site usage, project planning, product development, troubleshooting problems, analysis of user behavior, internal marketing and promotions, or other efforts to improve our service quality.
- To enforce our Terms of Service
- To allow other teachers to contact you
With Third Party Services
We may receive and collect information about you from Third Parties and affiliates that help us provide, support, and secure our services. In general, data shared with GOI GmbH in this manner will be treated under the same privacy restrictions as any other data shared with GOI GmbH.
- If you schedule an appointment through our third party integration, we may collect information from this service. We will use the data you’ve supplied to assist in completing the payment and providing the lesson. We may use information from that Service to display the status of that payment to you. We may also use information about payments sent via third party services to address fraud, security, or support issues.
WE DO NOT USE YOUR DATA FOR ADVERTISING PURPOSES
We will not, without your permission, sell, publish, or share your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes.
With third parties, affiliates, subsidiaries, and service providers:
We employ third party agents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and/or service providers to enable them to help support and improve our services. For example, maintenance services, database management, cloud hosting, web and mobile analytics, invoicing , payments and scheduling services. Third parties acting on our behalf that are given access to your personal information are contractually obligated to abide by our privacy practices and are not allowed to use the information for any other purposes. We may share your personal information with other third parties with your consent or instructions to do so.
- Where permitted by law, third parties may use data provided to them to improve their own services.
For legal matters
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to share or disclose your personal information with law enforcement, government officials, and other third parties:
- to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process;
- in order to investigate, prevent, defend against, or take other action regarding violations of our Terms of Service, illegal activities, suspected fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the legal rights or physical safety of any person or the security of our network, Sites, or Services;
- to respond to claims that any posting or other content violates the rights of third parties;
- in an emergency, to protect the health and safety of our Sites’ users or the general public; or
- as otherwise required by any applicable law.
If our company or our assets are acquired by another company, or in the event of a merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization, or liquidation, we may transfer, sell, or assign to third parties, information concerning your relationship with us, including, without limitation, personal information that you provide and other information concerning your relationship with us. Such third parties will assume responsibility for the personal information collected by us in connection with our business operations or through our Sites and such third parties will assume the rights and obligations regarding such information as described in this Privacy Statement and according to applicable regulations.
We may disclose information that does not personally identify you in any other manner that we deem appropriate, including to third parties for their research, marketing, and promotional purposes and to help us determine how we can improve our Sites. We will also disclose non-personal information to our service providers and other third parties about how our users collectively use the Sites.
How we protect the information we collect
We take the security of your information seriously. Our main systems Google Education and Acuity Scheduling have very high security measures and are considered safe. Please understand, however, that while we try our best to safeguard your personal information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
You can help protect the privacy of your own information by using encryption and other techniques to prevent unauthorized interception of your personal information. You are responsible for the security of your information when using unencrypted, public or otherwise unsecured networks.
We will contact you regarding any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored personal information to you via email or conspicuous posting on our Site in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, insofar as consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
GOI GmbH has no access to ANY of your financial information.
Identity theft and the practice currently known as “phishing” are of great concern to us. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is a top priority. We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information, your account ID, login password, or national identification numbers in a non-secure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication. For more information about phishing, visit the Federal Trade Commission’s website at http://www.ftc.gov.
Like many websites, we use tracking technologies such as cookies, web beacons and similar technologies to record your preferences and track the use of GOI GmbH. We may also use these technologies to monitor traffic, improve GOI GmbH, and make it easier to use and more relevant.
We partner with third party advertising companies to attract customers who also use these tracking tools. These third parties may use these technologies to collect information about you when you use our services. They may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites and other online services. They may also use persistent identifiers to track your Internet usage across other websites in their networks beyond the Websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based advertising or other targeted content. While we do not knowingly provide these entities with information that personally identifies you such third parties may, with sufficient data from other sources, be able to personally identify you, unknown to us. To learn more about the third-party collection and use of your information, please visit the Digital Advertising Alliance and/or the Network Advertising Initiative.
Online Tracking and Interest-Based Advertising
You also have choices to limit some tracking mechanisms that collect information when you use our Services. Many web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser’s setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, certain features of our Services, including the Service itself may not function properly or remain accessible to you. For example, you cannot log into germanonlineinstitute.com if you’ve disabled all cookie use.
You may opt out of tracking of analytics data by Google Analytics, one of our customer usage analytics providers, by clicking here.
Similarly, you can learn about your options to opt-out of mobile app tracking by certain advertising networks through your device settings. For more information about how to change these settings for Apple, Android or Windows devices, see:
Please note that opting-out of advertising networks services does not mean that you will not receive advertising while using our Sites or on other websites, nor will it prevent the receipt of interest-based advertising from third parties that do not participate in these programs. It will, however, exclude you from interest-based advertising conducted through participating networks, as provided by their policies and choice mechanisms.
CHOICE AND ACCESS; DELETING YOUR ACCOUNT; DATA RETENTION
Choice and Access to your personal information:
You may update the personal information you have submitted to us at any time. You can make changes to your personal information by emailing email@example.com or in Acuity Scheduling by logging into your account there.
Your choices regarding the data we Collect and Process
In many instances, you have choices about the information you provide and limiting how we use your information. These choices, and any related consequences, are described in detail below:
- Personal information: You may choose not to provide your personal information, such as your name, address, phone number or payment information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our Sites’ features.
- Emails, Newsletters, and other communications: We may send periodic Site related alerts, monthly summaries, notifications, newsletters, or other information via email or push notifications. You may choose whether or not you’d like to receive alerts, summaries, newsletters and promotions by indicating your preference in your account profile or settings. You may also follow the unsubscribe instructions in the email you receive. Please note that certain Services-related messages that we send are necessary for the proper functioning and use of the Services and you may not have the ability to opt-out of those messages.
- Location Tracking: Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services by any application on your mobile device through the device’s settings’ menu.
Deleting your account:
You may choose to close your account at any time. You can request that we close your account for you by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. When you close your account in this way, we may allow you to reactivate it by writing to us.
In accordance with and as permitted by applicable law and regulations, we will retain your information as long as necessary to serve you, to maintain your account for as long as your account is active, or as otherwise needed to operate our business. We may also retain personal information to comply with law, prevent fraud, resolve disputes, enforce our Terms of Service, and as permitted by applicable law.
If you would like to fully delete your account and the information in it, you can write to us. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to remove your personal information from our services so long as we do not have any legal reason or obligation to retain the record. It may take up to 90 days for your information to be cleared from our servers.
When you change or delete personal information payments involving you and your name may remain visible to people with whom they have been shared as part of their records (just as deleting an email account does not unsend emails that have already been sent).
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We may update this Privacy Statement periodically. Changes are effective immediately upon posting. The date last revised appears at the top of this Statement.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Statement, our security practices, or our information handling practices please contact GOI GmbH in writing:
- Email: email@example.com